This month’s expert stylist, Emmy Award Winning Hairstylist, LaVette Slater, is back and this time with 5 tips to fabulous hair.
My 5 tips to fabulous hair include:
1) Use a shampoo and conditioner to fit the condition and texture of your hair. If you have fine hair, a volumizing shampoo is a great option. If you have extra curly hair, a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner is great. (With extra curly hair the natural oils from your scalp do not reach the ends, so moisture is essential for your ends.) If you have a permanent color or chemically treated hair. Use a chemical and color treated formula.
2) Put your hair on a regimen, weekly moisturizing conditioners, bi-weekly protein treatments.
3) Keep natural hair moisturized. If you have natural hair, try not to use heavy greases, I suggest using creams to moisturize. Heavy greases will only sit on top of the shaft as oppose to penetrating the shaft.
4) Use leave-in-conditioners and heat protectors. Try not to use heat styling tools every day.
5) For my hairpiece and wig wearers; beware of synthetic wigs. Sometimes wearing a synthetic wig all the time can dry out your own hair underneath, even though it seems to have ventilation the synthetic fiber sometimes acts as a wool hat so to speak and drys the hair. Be sure to moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE! Secure with cornrows, protein treatments and leave in conditioners.
Products that help maintain fabulous hair:
- Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
- Nexxus Emergencee
Some of LaVette’s past clients include, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Biden, Condoleezza Rice, Hilary Clinton, Chandra Wilson, Yvette Nicole Brown Michelle Obama.