The fabulous New York based stylist Myss Monique is here to answer your crucial hair concerns. Remember, if you have questions for our experts you can submit them on our submissions page.
Can daily wrapping cause thinning at the crown?
Wrapping the hair is a great style technique to prepare your hair before bedtime. Relaxed or flat ironed hair can get a lot of benefits from this routine. Wrapping your tresses leave your strands silky, full of volume, tangle-free and is a protective alternative for no heat styling and curling. However, results from wrapping the hair can cause thinning hair and soreness to the scalp around the temple, nape and crown area.
- wrap loosely (not too tight)
- alternate your wrapping direction
- pull edges back instead of forward so there’s no stress on the hairline
- use moisturizing products
- use a wide tooth comb or boar bristle brush along with your hands
- for longer hair, put your hair in a loose ponytail and use rollers on your ends
A much sought-out NYC hairstylist, Myss Monique’s passion for beauty and fashion took shape in her childhood bedroom where she spent her free time styling and designing her dolls hair and clothes. Her versatile skills in hair braiding, extensions, custom wigs, hair cutting, makeup artistry and wardrobe styling has led her to work with well known stars in the sports, fashion and entertainment industry. Check out her portfolio and follow Myss Monique on Twitter and Instagram.