More and more black women are embracing dry shampoo, adding it to their hair regimens in between washes. Here’s a quick run-down of this emerging and useful product:
- What it is: Dry shampoo is a type of shampoo that absorbs grease and oils in your hair, allowing you to go for longer periods of
time without washing your hair. It comes in spray, powder or liquid form.
- Who it’s good for: Dry shampoo can be used on all types of hair textures–relaxed, natural, locked, straightened. It’s especially good for…
- women with busy schedules
- women wearing wigs or extensions
- women who work out a lot
- Recommended product: CoCo & Creme, as well as others across the web, recommend Rockaholic Dirty Secret and Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder (slightly on the pricey side). Per CoCo & Creme:
You know when your hair starts to get oily three to four days after you’ve had your hair washed and styled?… Well, I use Rockaholic at that point. I take a few sprays to my roots, and rub it in. It refreshes my scalp, leaves a nice scent, and most of all, it restores body to my hair, while extracting excess oils. This is how I actually maintain my blow outs. It gives me 2-3 more days of my style.
- Reminder: Dry Shampoo is meant to hold you over between washes and doesn’t replace good ol’ H20 when it comes to cleaning your hair.