– by Un’ruly Contributor Ellen Haile
This week we’re highlighting our favorite #longhairdontcare vloggers and learning what they do to retain length on their locks.
A natural since 2012 with 4B type hair, vlogger Alicia James shares her guidelines for properly caring for curly hair!
- Clean your hair AND your scalp.
- Condition your hair to gain and retain moisture!
- Learn the porosity of your hair – you may need to apply a little heat (heat conditioning, blow drying, etc.) to train your hair to retain moisture.
- Olive or coconut oil helps with detangling and retaining length.
- Learn proper heat usage. (We have some tips here).
- Take proper care of your locks from the inside out. Gain a good fitness and diet routine that promotes healthier hair growth.
Keep up with all the #longhairdontcare tips we highlight this week.