– by Un’ruly Contributor Ellen Haile
We’ve been talking about Black potential this month and on the hair side of things we’ve been taking a look at just how long Black hair can grow. This week we’re highlighting our favorite #longhairdontcare vloggers and learning what they do to retain length on their locks. First up, the lovely Chime Edwards.
Having a hard time categorizing your hair texture and discovering tips to grow your curls? Youtuber Chime Edwards refuses to believe she falls in simply one category, arguing that hair is just too diverse to group. She tells us her secrets for a longer mane.
- For hair that can’t retain water, moisture every day. Like Chime herself, use a mixture of conditioner and oil.
- Focus on shampooing hair only at the scalp. This will prevent your hair from drying out quickly.
- Limit the use of heat! Straightening often causes broken and brittle hair.
- Use wide-toothed combs to untangle your hair, as they pull out less hair than brushes.
- Be consistent with your hair care routine to maintain your results!
(Check out our tips for maintaining a simple consistent hair routine).
Keep up with all the #longhairdontcare tips we highlight this week.