– by Un’ruly Contributor Ellen Haile
This week we’ve highlighted our favorite #longhairdontcare vloggers and learning what they do to retain length on their locks.
Urban Bush Babes Cipriana and Nikisha are known for their 360 natural approach to hair. They share their essentials for growth and retention, specifically for their 3C and 4B-4C hair types, respectively.
- Cipriana (1/2 of UBB) uses coconut oil to strengthen her hair.
- Use silk scarves at night to help retain moisture in your hair.
- Finger detangle while hair is dry if your hair is thin/fine.
- Nikisha uses Trader Joe’s Tee Tree Tingle shampoo as a clarifier once there’s excessive product buildup in her hair. It clears pores in your scalp, which encourages hair growth!
- Deep condition once a week to combat super dry hair.
- Use oil-based sealants if you wear your hair out often, as your ends are more prone to damage.
Check out all the #longhairdontcare tips we highlighted this week.