One of the keys to rocking a perfect afro is taking care of it at night. We looked to vlogger TheNotoriousKIA, with her fabulous ‘fro, for tips. She shares that she follows her night time ‘fro routine every other day, noting that she can go as long as two days without re-twisting her hair, but after two days her ends start to tangle. Watch her video (starting at the 3 minute mark) to see how she does it or read the directions below.
Time required: about 20 – 30 minutes
- Part your hair into four sections.
- Spritz water, apply moisturizer and then oil onto each section.
- Detangle as needed
- Create 4 twists per section
- Add a Perm rod each twist in a section
- When you’re ready to take your braids out, pick and fluff your hair lightly.