The afro puff is a great style to have in your arsenal. It’s a look that can keep your hair somewhat stretched while still showing off your volume. The style is best created if your hair is already stretched out. Once stretched, it’s much easier to comb or brush your hair into place. Vlogger lizlizlive put together a quick afro puff tutorial. Below are the steps.
- Start with a braid out.
- Work in sections. Moisturize and braid your hair.
- Add your choice of oil on braided hair.
- Take out braids within a few hours. Hair should be stretched by this point.
- Work in sections. Brush hair from tip to root.
- Comb your hair up to where you want the puff to sit.
- Tie your hair up with a band.
- You may want to use gel or edge control to smooth your edges.
- Accessorize with a wrap if you like!