Tapered cuts are a sleek and edgy (pun intended) hairstyle for naturalistas who like to keep their hair on the short side. Vlogger Queen Teshna shows us how she finger coils her tapered ‘do. Watch the tutorial below or skip to the steps below.
- Start with washed deep-conditioned hair.
- Moisturize your hair then apply an oil to lock in the moisture.
- Let your hair air dry for a few minutes.
- Add a styling cream. Queen Teshna uses Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue.
- In no particular order, begin finger coiling your hair. Grab a small section of your hair. Hold the section with all fingers except your index finger. Twirl the section around your index finger until a small spiral is formed from the base to the tip.
- Let your hair dry for an hour.
- Optional: separate the curls at the top to add shape.
- Shape your hair to your liking.